Bridging the Couple Chasm
A clinical training – material by Drs. John & Julie Gottman – Presented by Sabrina Walters LMFT, LPC — Gottman Trainer
2 days, workbook included
Help couples in your practice manage conflict and deepen intimacy! This is the first step in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions.
DATE: January 9th & 10th, 2020 / 8am to 5pm each day
LOCATION: 3000 NE Stucki Ave, Suite 230 Hillsboro, Or 97124
When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to the clinician to referee chronic conflicts, fix their partners, and rebuild burned bridges. Now, based on Dr. John Gottman’s 40 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples, there’s a practical and highly effective approach to guiding couples across the chasm that divides them.
In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
Schedule: 8:30 check-in, 9am introductions, 9:15am – 5pm Instruction and Activities with a lunch break and an afternoon break.
APPLY GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY TO HELP COUPLES STRENGTHEN:
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
AS A RESULT OF TAKING THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
PARTICIPANTS WORKING IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
AS A RESULT OF THIS TRAINING, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Upon completion of this training, attendees are awarded a Certificate of Completion. Included in the registration price is a clinical manual, which contains the core Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessments and interventions.
- 300+ page Level 1 Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion
- 12 CE Hours available www.ceuregistration.com
Who is this training for? Counselors, Coaches, clergy, marriage mentors, and anyone interested in helping people with relationships.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if canceled within 30 days of the conference, $100 cancellation fee if canceled after that date.
Student rate: TBD
Presenter Sabrina Walters – Bio:
I am a Gottman Certified Therapist and I hold a Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from George Fox University and a Bachelors of Science in Music from Linfield College. Major coursework includes human growth and development, family and couples counseling, multicultural counseling, drug and alcohol counseling, spirituality, Gottman Couples Therapy and the Core Values Index.
I am passionate about the development of skills and practices in others and fulfill this passion as an adjunct professor in the Masters of Counseling program at George Fox University as well as training counselors and coaches in the use of the Core Values Index.